- Students are entitled to borrow books at a time as follows: i Undergraduate Classes: 2 books ii Post graduate Classes: 3 books.
- A book shall be issued for a maximum period of 15 days and may be re-issued at the discretion of the librarian.
- Reference books like Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Year Books, Journals (Loose & Bound), Project Reports, Census, Handbooks will not be issued out. These books are issued to students for overnight during the examination time only.
- A fine of Rs. 2/- per day per book shall be charged from the borrow in case the book is not returned by due dates. After which the fine will double every 15 days.
- For special issue the fine will be Rs. 5/- per day.
- Books issued from the library should be checked very carefully and in no case be underlined, disfigured, deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage in any way. Students will be asked to replace the book if it disfigured beyond a limit. If anyone is found doing so, she will be charged the full replacement cost of the resource. Borrower will be asked to compensate the loss by replacing library material with same or latest edition. In case of non-availability of material, then the actual cost of the latest edition of book/material will be recovered by the borrower. Books borrowed should be protected from rain, dust, insect, etc.
- The librarian is empowered to recall any book at any time.
- No photograph of the Library resources shall be taken without the prior permission of the Librarian.
- Conversation and discussion disturbs library ambience. The students are expected to observe perfect silence in the library and not disturb others in any way. If discussion is necessary, the common room should be utilized for the same.
- Any kind of indiscipline in the college library will be considered punishable and strict disciplinary action will be taken by college.
- Books removed from the shelves, if not required further, should be kept on the table nearest to them. Please do not try to shelve them yourself. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost.
- Students can contact librarian for I-card after getting admission. Wearing I-card is mandatory for students in college campus. I Card should be compulsory for entering into the library. All the students/scholars are required to bring their recent passport size photograph while applying for Library membership.
- Students are advised not to issue books to others on their I-card.
- Newspapers and magazines should be folded properly after reading and kept back in the designated place.
- Beverages and eatables are not allowed inside the library.
- All the students/scholars and outsiders entering the Library shall keep their bags and other personal belongings at the entrance. Visitors will first sign in the register at the checkpoint, before being allowed to approach circulation counter.
- Only notebooks and the library books will be allowed inside. All the readers are not advised to leave their valuables at the Check Point. Library is not responsible for any loss of personal belongings. All files, books and notebooks must be presented to the personal at the checkpoint for inspection while leaving the Library. Library does not permit any exception in the observance of this rule.
LIBRARY RULES & REGULATIONS: